TERMS & CONDITIONS
FREE SINGAPORE TOUR RESERVATION ON PLAYPASS
The “Free Singapore Tour” is a complimentary
guided tour for eligible transit passengers of Changi Airport. It has two (2)
types of itinerary options:
a) Bus Tour(s): Tour around downtown Singapore and which may include short
photo stops at some Singapore attractions.
b) Walking Tour(s): Tour around Jewel Changi Airport, as well as entry and participation at the attractions (where available) located on L5 of Jewel Changi Airport.
(each a “Tour” and collectively referred to as the “Tours”).
2. In these Terms, “Organisers” shall refer to the following:
a) Changi Airport Group (S) Pte Ltd;
b) Singapore Airlines Limited;
c) Singapore Tourism Board; and
d) Jewel Changi Airport Trustee Pte Ltd.
(each an “Organiser” and collectively the “Organisers”).
3. In these Terms and Conditions, “Participant” shall refer to an eligible transit passenger (defined under Clause 7 below) who has the intention to join the Tours or has registered successfully to do so. It shall also refer to any other participants that are successfully registered under the same booking.
5. In these Terms and Conditions, references to ‘we’, ‘us’ and ‘our’ mean the Organisers, their respective subsidiaries and affiliates, as well as their directors, officers, agents and employees or independent contractors as the context requires.
6. PlayPass (“PlayPass”) is the dedicated system for Participants to make and edit their Tour reservations up to three (3) months ahead of the intended Tour date.
7. In order for a Participant to be eligible for the Tour, they will need to meet the following requirements:
a) Transit in Singapore with a transit duration of between 5.5 hours to 24 hours; and
b) Possess all requisite immigration documentation including visas for entrance into
Singapore and onto their connecting destination.
8. The Participant should provide their true, correct, and complete set of personal and flight details when registering for the Tour. If there are discrepancies with the Participant’s submitted details and the documentation provided upon physical verification at the Tour service counter, the Participant will be denied participation in the Tour.
9. Any changes/cancellations will only be available through PlayPass and which must be done up to two (2) hours prior to the Tour start time. The Organisers are not obliged to accommodate a Participant if they are unable to participate in the Tour due to flight delays or cancellations. The Organisers reserve the right to deny participation in the Tour and are not obliged to give any reason for its determination.
10. It is highly recommended that a registered Participant cancels their tour reservation if their plans change, failing which, a registered Participant’s reserved slot will be allocated to a waitlist of other eligible passengers if they do not report to the Tour service counters at least 75 minutes prior to the allocated start time of the Tour (“Stipulated Time”).
11. If the Participant(s):
(a) fail to arrive by the Stipulated Time or start time, at the Tour service counters; and/or
(b) fail to comply with the requirements set out in these Terms and Conditions; and/or
(c) fail to adhere to any requirements set by the Organisers;
the Organisers reserve the right to forfeit the Participant’s booking and prohibit any rebooking of the Tour and are not obliged to provide any reason for its determination nor will entertain correspondence on the subject from any parties.
There are up to seven (7) Bus Tours and two (2)
Walking Tours daily, a total of (9) daily tour frequencies (“Frequency of
Tours”). The Organisers may at any time and in their sole and absolute
discretion amend the Frequency of Tours. A Participant’s eligibility criteria
and the tour schedule are published on Tour’s official webpage: www.changiairport.com/fst. The
Organisers reserve the right to amend all related Tour Regulations without
prior written notice. All tours can be reserved through PlayPass
or by making a booking at the Tour’s dedicated counters (which will be subject
to Tour availability).
13. By participating in the Tours, the Participant agrees to abide by the instructions given by the staff leading the Tour, and the tourist guide(s) and bus driver (applicable for Bus Tours) at all times during the Tour. Please read through the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) published on the Tour’s official webpage thoroughly before signing up for the Tour.
14. The Participant declares (including on behalf of other registered Participants) that they are in good physical health and do not have any pre-existing conditions (e.g. heart, neck, leg or back problems) that may be detrimental to their well-being by participating in the Tours, nor are they or will be under the influence of any alcohol or medication that may influence their ability to move or be mobile. The Participant agrees that certain Tours have accessibility/mobility requirements, and in the event the Participant is unable to meet these requirements, the Organisers may decline their participation in the Tours due to safety reasons. Participants also acknowledge that applicable Tours have a food tasting component which is not suitable for Participants with food allergies, and participating in Tours will be at their own risk,
15. The Organisers reserve the right to reschedule or cancel the Tours in their sole and absolute discretion without providing prior notice to the Participants.
16. Where it is concerned, issues and decisions related to the Singapore immigration are in the sole and absolute discretion and purview of the Singapore Immigration and Checkpoints Authority (ICA). The Organisers have no influence over those matters.
18. By submitting the required details, the Participant(s) declares that all information submitted is complete and accurate as per the records on their identification document(s). Where the Participant is disclosing the data on behalf of another, that he or she has the authority and requisite consent to disclose to the Organisers including the personal data which is provided to the Organisers pursuant to these Terms and Conditions. The Organisers reserve the right to reject bookings for the Tour that are incomplete, inaccurate or for any other reason(s) which the Organisers are not at liberty to disclose.
19. Without prejudice to the generality of Clause 21 below, the Organisers shall not be liable for any of the Participants losses or expenses due to the failure to comply with these Terms and Conditions.
20. The Organisers reserve the right to refuse or terminate the participation of any Participant in the Tour for any reason whatsoever, including but not limited to unsafe or unruly behaviour that may result in harm or damage to the other Participants or any other persons and/or property.
21. To the fullest extent permitted by law: (i) the Organisers, its subsidiaries and affiliates, as well as their directors, officers, agents and employees shall not be responsible for any damage or personal injury to the Participants in this Tour, and/or loss or damage to any property sustained as a result of their participation in the Tour, including without limitation all direct loss, indirect or consequential loss, cost and expense, or loss of profits; and (ii) by participating in and allowing their child/ward to participate in this Tour, you agree to indemnify the Organisers, its subsidiaries and affiliates, as well as their directors, officers, agents and employees against all claims, losses, damages, costs or expenses which may be made against or suffered by the Organisers, its subsidiaries and affiliates, as well as their directors, officers, agents and employees, in respect of any injury (including fatal injury), loss or damage to property arising out of or in connection with any Participant’s participation in the Tour.
22. By participating in the Tours, the Participants hereby grant the Organisers the irrevocable right and permission to photograph and/or record them (or any minors under their care) in connection with the Tour and to use the photograph and/or recording for promotional purposes. The Participant waives any right to inspect or approve the use of the photograph and/or recording and acknowledge and agree that the rights granted to the Organisers are without any compensation of any kind.
23. The Organiser’s decision on all matters relating to the Tour is final, conclusive and binding.
24. The Organisers reserves the right to vary these Terms and Conditions herein at any time at its absolute discretion without notice to the Participant and the Participant agrees to be bound by such amended Terms and Conditions.
25. These Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of the Republic of Singapore. The Participant hereby agrees to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Singapore courts for any dispute arising out of or in connection with these Terms and Conditions or the Participant’s or their child’s/ward’s participation in the Tour.
26. The Participant(s) shall at all times observe, comply and act in accordance with all applicable laws.